Twelve Ways To Look
After Your Hair
by Dr Vernon Coleman and Donna Antoinette Coleman
1. Wash your hair at least twice a week.
2. Use the
simplest shampoo you can find - with the fewest number of additives.
Rinse your hair thoroughly after washing.
4. If a shampoo irritates your
scalp then change it immediately.
5. Don't hold a hair-dryer too close to
your scalp - and move the dryer around. Try to dry your hair naturally if you
6. Hair is fragile when wet and should not be brushed until it is
7. Avoid over-treating your hair. As well as drying out your hair
and causing it to go brittle, using chemicals of any kind on your hair too much
can damage the hair follicles.
8. When using dyes at home, always follow
the manufacturer's instructions carefully.
9. Have your hair cut
regularly to avoid split ends.
10. Wear a bathing cap to protect your
hair from the chlorine in swimming pools.
11. The sun dries the hair so
protect your hair from the sun with a hat or scarf.
12. Avoid over-using
hair straighteners, crimpers and curling tongs. The over-use of any heated hair
appliance can damage hair.
Copyright Vernon Coleman and Donna
Antoinette Coleman 2005
Taken from Health Secrets Doctors
Share With Their Families by Vernon Coleman & Donna Antoinette Coleman,
published by the European Medical Journal at £12.99 and available from the
bookshop on this website and from all good bookshops everywhere.
Copyright Vernon Coleman 2005