Twelve Tips To
by Dr Vernon Coleman and Donna Antoinette Coleman
1. Take a shower. The negative ions produced are likely to
give you more energy.
2. Take a holiday or a break to revitalise
3. Drink plenty of water. Dehydration can cause
4. Cut back on caffeine-rich drinks.
5. The commonest
causes of tiredness are: anxiety, boredom and depression.
6. Take big
deep breaths to give yourself an immediate energy boost.
7. Avoid big,
8. Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
9. Lose any excess
10. An illness such as flu can cause short-term
11. Lack of exercise can contribute to tiredness. But before
you start an exercise programme, do consult your doctor to see whether or not
it's safe for you to do so.
12. A medical condition called `sleep apnoea'
which causes poor quality sleep may be the cause of your tiredness. Or some
other medical condition might be responsible for your lack of energy.
Unexplained tiredness always requires medical investigation.
Copyright Vernon Coleman and Donna Antoinette Coleman 2005
Taken from Health Secrets Doctors Share With Their Families
by Vernon Coleman & Donna Antoinette Coleman, published by the European
Medical Journal at £12.99 and available from the bookshop on this website and
from all good bookshops eveywhere.