Passing Observations 125
Dr Vernon Coleman
This is a long standing series of small items which have caught my eye or mind and which seem relevant, startling, amusing or all three. Occasionally, items which appear here may return as a longer piece. Mostly they will not.
1. Evidence from the Government shows that 2022 was officially hotter than 2021. This proves, conclusively, that 2021 was not as hot as 2022. I promise to believe in global warming if the temperature in Glasgow in December reaches 30 degrees centigrade.
2. `A grain in the balance will determine which individual shall live and which shall die.’ – Charles Darwin – On the Origin of Species 1859
3. Three members of Generation Stupid have formed a band and call themselves `The Dingleberries’. I can only wish them the best of luck and hope that no one buys them a dictionary for Christmas.
4. Have you noticed that it the really crappy, third rate universities and colleges which lead the way in Wokeism? An astonishing 66% of young adults in the UK are still living at home with mummy and daddy. Not surprisingly, perhaps, three quarters of students will not pay back their student loans.
5. Everyone knows that Italy is a mess and that the US is big and powerful and heading rapidly for the `new normal’. How strange, then, that life expectancy in Italy is 83 years whereas life expectancy in the US is 77 years.
6. Have you ever wondered why there are no 1p books available online these days? Publishers buy them and destroy them in the hope that they will then be able to sell full priced books.
7. Life is full of mysteries. Why did Rod Stewart, Chris Whitty and Tom Jones receive knighthoods? Just puzzled.
8. Anyone who says that masks are safe and effective is ignorant and possibly insane. And yet the designated experts are lining up to announce that we can no longer live with the flu and must in future all have our jabs and wear our masks and go down on one knee to acknowledge our allegiance to the World Economic Forum. And do you know what? They’ll ban me and silence me but none of them dares debate with me because they know they’ll lose – not because I’m any good at debating but because the facts are all on my side.
9. A third of local authorities in the UK have no clear policies in place to support the housing of an ageing population. Surprise, surprise.
10. In order to ensure that things stay the same, we have to change everything. Meanwhile, scepticism is now an essential weapon for those who want to be well informed.
11. Intolerance rules KO. Sadly, intolerance has spread from social media and is now running amok in the real world. Censorship is the first resort of tyrants and the woke at heart.
12. The zombies are frightened of things that don’t exist (a covid pandemic and global warming). We are frightened of reality – social credit, loss freedom and humanity, censorship and the Great Reset.
13. There is a rumour that the BBC website hasn’t carried a picture of a white male who is not called Putin or wanted by the police for 167 weeks.
14. The price of logs will soar this winter. There is no good reason for this other than with gas and electricity prices soaring, the people selling logs will realise that they can charge more. I think the nice word for this is profiteering.
15. The National Seagull Society has announced that all seagulls will in future be called `Steven’ – regardless of sex.
16. The light operettas written by Gilbert and Sullivan are popular around the world. But yet again they did not appear in the BBC’s Proms. The last time anything by Gilbert and Sullivan was played at the BBC’s Proms was 2017. If Gilbert and Sullivan had been foreign their work would be played annually. But as far as the BBC is concerned their unforgiveable sin was to be born English and to be both white and male. (This is reason 635453784636 in a long series of reasons to loathe and despise the BBC.)
17. `Our opponents would wreck the old world in order to build a new, but you cannot found any system on chaos, not even communism.’ – John Buchan.
18. The Bank of England recently announced the biggest interest rate rise in 27 years. Guess how many banks raised the interest rate they pay to savers? (None would be the correct answer.) On the other hand the banks put up the interest rates they charge within nanoseconds. No wonder everyone hates banks and bankers.
19. The only voters in a recent campaign to elect a new Prime Minister in Britain were 160,000 members of the Conservative Party. If one of the candidates had offered voters free golf balls for life and a Marks & Spencer voucher they’d have won at a canter.
20. Children think that 12 is old. Teenagers think that 30 is ancient. Forty year olds regard 70 as decrepit. I consider 95 to be the prime of life.
Copyright Vernon Coleman September 2022
Vernon Coleman’s book `Covid 19: The Greatest Hoax in History’ was banned four times. But it is now available as a paperback and an eBook. If you’d like a copy please go to the BOOKS section of www.vernoncoleman.org where another banned book `Covid-19: Exposing Lies’ is also available