Seven Questions To
Ask Your Doctor Before Taking
A Prescription Medicine
by Dr Vernon Coleman and Donna
Patients have a right
to know what they are taking - and why. Don't be shy. Here are some questions
you should ask your doctor.
1. What is this medicine for?
How long should I take it? Should I take it until the bottle is empty or until
my symptoms have gone?
3. What should I do if I miss a dose?
What side effects should I particularly watch out for? Will it make me
5. Am I likely to need to take more when these have gone? Should
I arrange another consultation?
6. Are there any foods I should avoid?
Should I avoid alcohol?
7. How long will the medicine take to work - and
how will I know that it is working?
Coleman and Donna Antoinette Coleman 2005
Taken from Health
Secrets Doctors Share With Their Families by Vernon Coleman & Donna
Antoinette Coleman, published by the European Medical Journal at £12.99 and
available from all good bookshops everywhere.